What is Interview in Business is the word interview means View among or Sight between. An interview is a face to face oral communication. The function of an interview is to detect the views, attitudes and ideas of the personality who is being interviewed. As a spectator, the interviewee can detect the skill and capability of the interviewer too. It is a test of both the communicants and parties engaged in the interviews. Intelligence, knowledge, a number of aspect of personality and character of the parties are exposed in an in interview. Some definition on interview are mentioned below about Definition of Interview, Meaning of Interview, Business Interview-
What is Interview in Business
Steward and Cash said, “Interview is a process of dyadic relational communication with a predetermined and serious purpose designed to interchange behavior and involving the asking and answering of questions.”
In the opinion of Gary Dessler, “An interview is a procedure designed to obtain information form a person’s oral responses to oral inquires.”
Scott, Clotheer and Spriegel defined, “An interview is a purposeful exchange of ideas, the answering of questions and communication between two or more persons.”
According to Gibson and Hanna, “An interview is a face-to-face interpersonal event in which at least one person has planned to achieve a specific goal.” Business Communication
So, an interview is a face to face meeting among the interviewer and the interviewee where the interviewer asks a number of questions to the interviewee to investigation his intelligence, knowledge, a number of aspects of personality and character related to the needs of a job.
How to Conduct Interview Effectively
Conducting the interview is not so simple. The interviewer must create a friendly environment for the interviewee with at the same time he is to make sure the collection of capable candidate. A few guidelines are given below on how to conduct an effective interview-
- Welcoming the Interviewee: The interviewer is supposed to welcome the interviewee accurately in the similar way as a friend in greeting while visiting his office or home. Given him a balmy smile with talk to him in a friendly attitude. Hold some talk with him in his recognizable area so that he can be free from tenseness. The majority of the time candidates feel anxious to face interview and if you start interviewing them previous to they have conquer their nervousness, you cannot expect the best result from them.
- Contents of the Interview: later than making the candidate feel simple and nervous-free, the interviewer ought to start talking to him on the subjects the needs to know about. According to Theodore Hariton the effects in interviewer would above all like to know form the interviewee possibly will include-
- The candidate’s technical qualifications (ability to do the job)
- Drive and aspirations (willingness to do the job)
- Social effectiveness and emotional balance (relations with others and self)
- Character (trustworthiness)
- Physical vigor and energy
- Spouse’s attitude toward the job (if relevant)
- Financial stability
- Willingness to travel
- Willingness to make permanent moves
- Aspects of personality
- Previous experience, duties, salary drawn and the reason for changing the job (if applicable)
- Any other relevant question
- Showing Interest: As soon as the candidate is given that information, you are asking for, you have to show your keen awareness in what he is telling. If you imagine that the candidate is appropriate and you strength offer him job, give him all the information about your company and the job.
- Parting: After everything else stage of an interview is parting. It is as essential as welcoming. In this concluding part of the interview, you ought to thank the candidate for coming for the interview as well as tell him when and how he will be knowledgeable about the outcome of the interview or, you may courteously tell him that if he is chosen he will be informed by a certain date.
The above discussion proves that conducting an interview successfully is a mammoth task. There is no short cut way to build it successful. Indeed the success of an interview mostly depends on how it is conducted, not how it faced by the interviewees. There is more information about What is Face to Face Communication? Characteristics.
- 49What is a Business? definition of business and Scope of business. Business could be a term with a really wide which means. It refers to an activity of individuals operating for the aim of manufacturing and distributing product and services at a profit. An enterprise creates utilities by production of…
- 43What is Business communication -business communication is a specialized branch of general communication that is specifically concerned with business activities. Generally, when communication takes place between or among parties regarding business-related functions, it can be termed as business communication. But the process, methods, types, principles etc. remain almost same with…
- 42What is Business Report or, Definition of Business Report, Meaning of Business Report-When a report is written for business purpose, it is called business report. It is a little bit different from other reports. It deals with business related information. A business report is prepared containing business related information that…