What is Interviewer’s Preparation for Interview -Conducting an interview is as difficult as facing an interview is the success of an interview greatly depends on how it is conducted. An interviewer must prepare him well since an interview is a proof of the organization. An interviewer should make preparation in the following areas-
What is Interviewer’s Preparation for Interview
- Idea about the Company and The Job: The interviewer should have a clear idea about the company profile and about the nature of the job for which the interview is to be held.
- Quality of the Candidate: The interviewer should know the type of personality, character or temperament of the candidate required for the job.
- Sending Interview Letter: The interviewer should send the interview letters well in advance so that the candidates are not disadvantaged and they also can get sufficient time to prepare themselves for the interview. Business Communication
- Document Required: The interviewer should clearly mention in the interview letter the necessary documents the candidates must bring with them.
- Sitting Arrangement: The interviewer should make proper seating arrangement for the candidates in the waiting room.
- Good Atmosphere: The interviewer must ensure congenial atmosphere for conducting the interview. The interview should be conducted in a quiet and interruption free room.
- Providing Bio-Data to Each Interviewer: If the candidate is to be interviewed by a committee, each member of the committee should be given a copy of the bio-data of the candidate. It will help to reduce confusion and wastage of time.
- Procedure of Interviewing: The interviewer should decide beforehand that which member of the committee will initiate the interview and form which side or area. The members of the committee should be divided into different areas according to their specialization.
- Providing Sheet for Marking: The interviewer must supply a number sheet to each member of the interview board so that they can do marking easily.
- Mechanical and Logistics Support: The interviewer should provide with necessary mechanical and logistics support to conduct the interview smoothly.
From the above discussion we learn that arranging in interview is not an easy task. The interviewer is to take preparations in different areas for making the interview most effective and fruitful. There are more information about Advantages of Interview and Disadvantages of Interview in Business Communication
- 36Types of Interview in Business Communication or, Kinds of Interview or, Sorts of Interviews can be classified into various types depending on the objectives, occasions, situations, time, etc. The various types or interviews are mentioned and discussed below- What is Interview? Types of Interview Employment Interview or Selection Interview: The…
- 32What is Employment Interview is The most important and widely used interview type is employment interview or selection interview or job interview. This type of interview is conducted to find out potential suitable candidates for the vacant positions. It is one kind of formal and face to face communication or…
- 30Advantages of Interview and Disadvantages of Interview, Interview is an important media of oral communication which provides various advantages to us. The benefits or advantages of interview are discussed below- Advantages of Interview Quick Rapport: Through interview quick rapport can be established with other parties. Here both the parties get…