Written Communication Tools for Employees Messages that are exchanged in written form are called written communication. Organizations use different tools or methods for communication with the executives and with the employees. The methods or tools of written communication as applicable for written communication tools for management and employees are discussed below-
Management is to communicate with the employees to make them aware and informed about different matters. The written communication tools for employees are discussed below-
Written Communication Tools for Employees
- Job Schedule: Employees are given job schedule so that they can better understand their work area, authority and responsibility. Sometimes, management also reminds the employees about their job areas by supping job schedule.
- Pay-roll Envelope: In many organizations salaries or wages are paid to employees in envelope. The envelope also contains a statement of salary showing the basic or gross payment, allowance, deduction etc. business communication
Written Communication Tools for Employees
- Notice Book: Sometimes managers use notice book to communicate urgent message to the employees. Normally, the office peon brings the notice book to the concerned employees and makes the notice signed for acknowledgement.
- Employee Newsletter: Employee Newsletter is used to communicate less important or less urgent messages. It contains the recent activities / programs of the organization, progress about projects, etc. It is published at a certain time intervals, such as weekly, fortnightly or monthly.
- Monthly House Organ: Monthly house organ is published by large organizations. It contains information about various organizational aspects.
- Letter to New Employees: Welcome letters are written to newly appointed employees by the managers that contain congratulatory messages for their joining in the organization. It helps the authority to build a good relationship with the employees.
- Reading Racks: Large organizations arrange reading racks for their employees. Reading racks contain different books, journals, booklets, papers, periodicals, etc. so that employees can read them during the leisure time. It helps the employees t increase their reading habit and to gain knowledge in different areas.
- Employee Bulletin: Bulletins are used for communicating important messages on emergency basis. Supervisors prepare and disseminate employee bulletins and normally these are released within hours.
- Employee Handbook / Booklet: Employee handbook or booklet contains company profile, policies, procedures, plans, rules-regulations, etc. It helps the employees to know about the organization in details.
- Complaint and Suggestion Box: Organizations practicing participative management install complaint and suggestion box at the convenient place. Employees are encouraged to drop their complaints, suggestions, opinions, questions etc. in this box from where management can get valuable information on different matters.
- Memorandum: Memorandum is a widely used technique of internal communication. General information or message is circulated to all of an organization by memorandum. For example, promotion of employees, notice of meeting, increase in salary, gratuity, changes in policy etc. are taken to the notice of the employees by memorandum.
- Notice Board: Notice board is used to communicate day to day or routine information with the employees. Employee work schedule, day’s programs, usual message etc are pasted on the notice board for the attention of the employees.
- Special Report: Special report is used to convey special information to the employees. This type of report takes short form and usually prepared for special purpose or on special occasion.
- Internal Circular: Internal circulars are used to communicate emergency message with the employees. Circulars may be hanged on the notice board or given to the departmental heads for making others informed.
- Annual Report: Annual report is prepared at the end of the financial year and from it employees can get information related to various matters. By reading annual report, employees also can know their strengths and weaknesses and try to improve their performances in different areas.
From the above discussion, we find that there are different methods or tools for communicating with managers and employees in written way. All of these tools act as the evidence for further reference. There are also information about written communication tools for management.
- 96Written Communication tools for Management organizations on the subject of different methods to communicate in the company of the executives. Messages that are exchanged in written form are called written communication. Organizations use different tools or methods for communication with the executives and with the employees. The methods or tools…
- 57Importance of Communication in Business -Communication in Business the history of Communication is as previous as the history of human being society. The importance of Business Communication is indispensable in case of social and business life. It is careful as the lifeblood of business. No business can develop in lack…
- 48Role of Business Communication in Management -Business Communication and Management are closely related to each other. Business Communication is considered as the lifeblood of Management. Management can do nothing without Business Communication. The basic Management functions like Planning, Organizing, Directing, Controlling, Supervising, Motivating, Coordination etc. are done through timely and…
- 47What is written communication in Business? or Effective Written Communication when a message is exchanged or communicated in a written form, it is called written communication. It is a word-based communication method. Written Communication / is widely used when the permanency and record of the message are important and when…
- 46Disadvantages of Written Communication in Business due to some reasons written communication is not always effective everywhere as a mode of communication. The Merits of written communication and disadvantages of or demerits of written communication and Advantages of Written Communication in Business are discussed as below: Disadvantages of Written Communication…