Advantages of Upward Communication or, merits of upward communication of upward communication or the importance of upward communication is gradually increasing with the introduction of participatory management system in the organizations. Upward communication offers various advantages. The importance of upward communication is discussed below through its various advantages and disadvantages of upward communication:
Advantages of Upward Communication
- Providing Feedback: Upward communication provides the management with necessary feedback. The management is able to ascertain whether the directives issued to the lower level employees have been properly understood and followed. It also gets valuable information on what the employees think of the organization and its policies.
- Effective Decision Making: In order to take better decision, management requires getting information on various issues and also the opinions of the subordinates. Subordinates supply the information and their opinions through upward communication that helps the management to make decision easier and quick. Business Communication
Upward Communication in business
- Constructive Suggestions: Through upward communication, employees often offer constructive suggestions to promote the welfare of the organization. Most of the time the suggestions and opinions of the subordinates prove beneficial.
- Motivating: Upward communication system encourages the lower-level employees to express their opinions and suggestions to the superiors that, in fact, act as a motivational tool.
- Easier Introduction of New Schemes: In upward communication system, the subordinates feel themselves as a part of decision making process. Hence, management can introduce new schemes without the resistance of the employees.
- Sharing Emotion: Upward communication acts as a bridge of sharing emotion between the employees and management. It gives the employees as opportunity to vent their problems and grievances. The subordinates can share their feelings with the management because of the presence of upward communication.
- Greater Harmony and Cohesion: Upward communication acts as a kind of lubricant. It makes congenial atmosphere in the organization and creates greater harmony and cohesion between the management and the employees.
From the above discussion, it is clear that upward communication offers a number of advantages for the organization that helps achieving organizational goals and objectives. There are more information about Major Forms of Upward Communication in Business.
- 76There are different types of nonverbal communication methods, each of which has certain advantages. The advantages of nonverbal communication are discussed below from different perspectives and also Disadvantages of Nonverbal Communication: Control: Nonverbal cues may also be used to control the behaviors of other. Silence controls by refocusing attention. A…
- 68Disadvantages of Upward Communication Like other communication methods, upward communication system also has some disadvantages. The disadvantages of upward communication and Advantages of Upward Communication in Business are discussed below- Limitations of upward communication, demerits of upward communication. Lack of Initiative: Subordinates are usually reluctant to make initiative for upward…
- 61Importance of Communication in Business -Communication in Business the history of Communication is as previous as the history of human being society. The importance of Business Communication is indispensable in case of social and business life. It is careful as the lifeblood of business. No business can develop in lack…
- 59Advantages of Written Communication in Business the importance of written communication in business and other field is indispensable. Every organization uses written communication to perform its daily activities. The advantages of written communication are given as below: Advantages of Written Communication and Disadvantages of Written Communication. Advantages of Written Communication…
- 54Different Types of Communication in Business means exchange of information between or among various parties. During the exchange of information, communication process involves different parties, takes different flows, uses different media, maintains some formalities and intends to attain different goals. So, Business Communication can be categorized into different groups depending…