Models of Communication in Business means a simple description of a system used for explaining how something works. It is a set of variables and their interrelationships designed to represent some real system of process, in whole or in part and Business Communication Model means the graphical presentation of the elements of communication process. In other words, communication model is the brief presentation of theory or concept related to communication through graph or figure or picture.
According to W. R. Tracey, “Business Communication Model is a representation of a process and not any separate system rather a simple way to represent the various objects oriented elements.”
From Business Communication Model one can easily perceive the sequential stage of the elements of communication process. It does not show the details of how a message flows rather the elements related to the flow of the message.
Differences between Communication Process and Models of Communication
Communication Process and Models of Communication Model are closely related to each other. They are just like the two sides of the same coin. So, there are many similarities between them, yet they are not the same. The dissimilarities or differences between communication process and models of communication model are shown below:
- Definition: The method of exchanging information between two or more persons is called communication process and the method of presenting communication process by figure or any visual method is called communication model.
- Nature: Communication Process It is theoretical in nature and Modes of Communication It is practical or visual in nature.
- Media or Channel: Communication process uses different media as language (Written or Oral) and other techniques and Communication model uses symbol or picture or mixture of language and picture.
- Understand ability: Communication Process It is not so easy to understand communication process as it is theoretical in nature and Models of Communication It is easy and comprehensible to understand communication model as it shows its parts by figure.
- Requirements for explanation: The elements of communication process require be explaining or interpreting and Models of Communication It requires less explanation as it depicts its element by figure.
- Complexity: Communication Process It is complex as it is descriptive and Models of Communication It is less complex as it is pictorial.
- Time: More time is required to explain or develop communication process and less time is required to develop communication model.
- Effectiveness: Communication Process It is less effective because of its theoretical nature and Models of Communication It has greater effect in the minds of users as it is symbolic or pictorial.
From the above discussion, we find that there are some keen differences between communication process and Models of communication model. But both of them are important for the understanding of communication as a whole. More information about Types Models of Communication in Business.