What is Face to Face Communication, What is Face to Face Conversation, Face to face communication is an important medium of oral communication. Everyday people exchange their ideas and opinions through Face to face communication whenever they get chance. It is a widely used technique of oral but informal communication. Definition of face to face communication, Meaning of face to face communication, Face to face communication definition below here-
What is Face to Face Communication
So, “when a small group of people or only two persons involve them in informal talking when they come to face to face, it is called face to face Communication.”
In other word, “when two or more persons talk to each other and see each other physically, it can be termed as face to face Communication. It is one kind of two-way oral communication as both the parties are involved here in conversation.” Business Communication
Hence, all the informal talks that place when people come to face to face are considered as face to face conversations. However, telephone conversation cannot be termed as face to face conversation, though it is an oral communication.But the presidents of two countries greeting each other with a smile and shaking hands warmly are engaged in face to face conversation, though their communication is not oral due to lack of uniqueness in language.
Characteristics of Face to Face Communication
Face to face communication is an informal oral communication technique. It has some unique characteristics that are not found in other communication methods. The important characteristics of face- to- face conversation are discussed below-
- Straight Communication: The important feature of Face to face communication is that it is very much direct or straight. The parties involved in Face to face communication exchange message directly without using any media. No other communication technique is as direct as it is.
- Informal: Face to face communication is very informal. Under this method the sender and the receiver exchange message freely and openly. No formalities are maintained here.
- Mutual Relation: Face to face communication depends on the mutual relationship between the sender and receiver of the message. Nobody can interfere in such type of communication.
- No Cost Communication: Face to face communication is a no cost communication in nature as it does not require any instrumental arrangements.
- Widely Used: In most of the cases, communication takes place in the form of face to face conversation. Because of its inherent nature, it is widely used in every sphere of life.
- Word of Mouth Effect: Another important characteristic of Face to face communication is that it produces huge word of mouth effect. It helps to spread the negative and positive news about anything of the message.
- No Legal Base: Face to face communication or communication does not have any legal acceptability as it is not written. Face to face communication is almost like invisible communication.
- Spread of Rumor: Face to face communication often helps to spread rumor that may create negative image of the organization.
- Effect of Facial Expression: Another important characteristic of Face to face communication or communication is that here the facial expression of the sender and the receiver has immense effect of the entire communication or conversation process.
- Instant Feedback: An important nature of face to face communication is that it produces instant and quick feedback.
From the above discussion we find that Face to face communication is an important mode of communication and it possesses some salient features. There is more information about What is Report on Business Communication?