What is Fax-Fax is that the short variety of facsimile. Typically it’s additionally referred to as telescoping. it’s the telecom transmission of scanned written material each text and pictures, usually to a phone number connected to a printer or different output device. the initial document is scanned with a fax machine, that processes the contents text or pictures as one fastened graphic image, changing it into a image, the knowledge is then transmitted as electrical signals through the phone system. The receiving fax machine reconverts the coded image, printing a paper copy. Advantages of Fax in Communication, Importance of Fax, Definition of Fax, Meaning of Fax bellow here-
What is Fax
In 1924, Herbert E. Ives of AT and T transmitted and reconstructed the primary color facsimile, exploitation color separations. within the Nineteen Sixties, the u. s. Army transmitted the primary photograph via satellite facsimile (FAX) to Puerto RICO Act kind the Deal check web site victimization the traveler satellite. The use of fax is step by step increasing for sending visual materials like image, diagrams, illustrations etc. Business Communication The fax machine has created it doable to send copies of necessary documents as well as certificates, testimonials, degrees, agreements, contracts, etc. from one place to a different at the speed of telephony. For this reason, it’s universally used technique of communication.
Important or Advantages of Fax in Communication
Fax provides some important or advantages that are unique over other electronic communication media. The advantages of using fax are mentioned below-
- Universal Method of Communication: The fax machine has made it possible to send copies of important documents including certificates, testimonials, degrees, agreements, contracts etc. from one place to another at the speed of a telephone call. For this reason, it is universally used method of communication.
- Sending Message Directly by Computer: If a document is generated on computer, it can be sent directly using a fax modem, bypassing the need to print the document first.
- Advantage over Telex: Charts, graphs and other visuals cannot be sent through telex but they can be easily sent thorough fax.
- Quickest Means of Communication: Fax is one of the quickest means of transmitting information. In fax, the finally prepared document is inserted in the machine and almost instantly copy of the document comes out at the receiving end.
At last we can say that fax is used for varieties of purpose as it offers different benefits for its users.
Communication through ISD
International direct dialing (IDD) is a global telephone dialed by the caller instead of gong via an operator. The term international subscriber dialing (ISD) was employed in the UK and Australia till the nomenclature was modified to international direct dialing. Since the late twentieth century, most international calls area unit dialed directly.
So, we will outline International Subscriber Dialing (ISD) as a global telephone dialed by the caller instead of gong via an operator. Calls area unit created by dialing the international decision prefix for the country one is in, followed by the country calling code for the country one wanted to decision and also the telephone number inside that country. Once telephone number are printed to be used abroad they generally embrace the country vocation code, however replace the international decision prefix with “+” to indicate that the caller ought to use the prefix applicable for his or her country. For mobile phones, the sign are often used rather than the prefix. There is more information about What is Electronic Communication in Business? Types.
- 49Disadvantages of Written Communication in Business due to some reasons written communication is not always effective everywhere as a mode of communication. The Merits of written communication and disadvantages of or demerits of written communication and Advantages of Written Communication in Business are discussed as below: Disadvantages of Written Communication…
- 49Disadvantages of Upward Communication Like other communication methods, upward communication system also has some disadvantages. The disadvantages of upward communication and Advantages of Upward Communication in Business are discussed below- Limitations of upward communication, demerits of upward communication. Lack of Initiative: Subordinates are usually reluctant to make initiative for upward…
- 48Each communication process has some advantages of nonverbal communication with some disadvantages of nonverbal communication is not an exception. Nonverbal communication has some important limitations which are discussed below: Incomplete Communication: In most of the case nonverbal communication is used as complement to verbal communication. It is not effective at…
- 44Advantages of Written Communication in Business the importance of written communication in business and other field is indispensable. Every organization uses written communication to perform its daily activities. The advantages of written communication are given as below: Advantages of Written Communication and Disadvantages of Written Communication. Advantages of Written Communication…
- 44There are different types of nonverbal communication methods, each of which has certain advantages. The advantages of nonverbal communication are discussed below from different perspectives and also Disadvantages of Nonverbal Communication: Control: Nonverbal cues may also be used to control the behaviors of other. Silence controls by refocusing attention. A…