What is Telephone Conversation or How to Make Effective Telephone Calls. One of the oldest and widely used mechanical media of oral communication is telephone. By telephone persons residing far away from each other can easily exchange necessary information. By it, urgent message can be transmitted and prompt feedback can be ensured. Definition of telephone conversation, Meaning of telephone conversation.
What is Telephone Conversation
We can define telephonic conversation as an exchange of information between two persons over telephone. This is not a face-to-face conversation rather a person-to-person conversation where nobody sees other but hears each other and interacts instantly. Business Communication Telephonic conversation is most effective when distance is longer and time is a great factor. Now-a-days cell phones are becoming more popular along with land phone as mechanical media of oral communication.
How to Make Effective Telephone Calls
Talking over telephone is an art. Good telephoning techniques can help you win friends and create goodwill. You voice may convey a first impression of your business or organization. There is an old proverb “you do not get a second chance to make a first impression,” which is fully applicable in telephone conversation. Good telephone cells require proper planning the message before dialing the number. The following suggestions are recommended to follow while making telephone calls-
- Make the call at an appropriate time. 9.00 a.m to 5.00 p.m is appropriate time for office or office or business calls and 9.00 a.m to 9.00 p.m is for personal calls. Be careful of time difference when making international calls.
- Make sure about the number and dial it correctly.
- Give the call receiver enough time to answer the call, up to ten rings.
- Smile and provide details about your identity like name, company, department, etc.
- Identify clearly the person you want to talk to.
- Share greetings and provide the reason of your calling.
- Be careful and courteous when delivering the message, and try to be sure that the receiver understands you.
- Be patient when calling with a problem. You are to explain the reason several times to make your counterpart understand the difficulty.
- Give complete information to your listener if you want him call you back.
- If you do not reach the intended person and want your call returned, leave a complete message including your name, number, organization, etc.
- Make sense when you are to end the conversation. Do not forget to offer “Thanks” and “Good-bye” at the end of the call.
- Be considerate of other who may share your phone.
If you follow the above mentioned guidelines while making Telephone Calls, hopefully we can say that you would be a good caller. There is more information about What is Business Meeting? Purposes of Business Meeting.
- 47What is Feedback The observation of the receiver’s response is called feedback. In other words, the part of the receiver’s response communicated back to the sender is called feedback. Actually it is the amount of response of the receiver that reaches to the sender. It enables the sender to evaluate…
- 46What is Business communication -business communication is a specialized branch of general communication that is specifically concerned with business activities. Generally, when communication takes place between or among parties regarding business-related functions, it can be termed as business communication. But the process, methods, types, principles etc. remain almost same with…
- 45Two way Communication in Business when the sender sends a message to receiver and he (receiver) sends his response to the sender after understanding the message, it is called two-way communication. In other words, two-way Business Communication system is a Communication Process where the receiver sends back his reaction to…
- 44What is written communication in Business? or Effective Written Communication when a message is exchanged or communicated in a written form, it is called written communication. It is a word-based communication method. Written Communication / is widely used when the permanency and record of the message are important and when…
- 44What is Communication Communication is a Latin originated word, meaning of which is sharing. Communication means sharing or exchanging information, news, ideas, etc. with someone. The most common medium of communication is language. Besides, there are other several means of communication available to us. We use non-linguistic symbols such as…